Our vision is to reshape our historic town centre to make it even better for our residents, local businesses, students and visitors. Investing in and reinvigorating Kingston is at the core of our plans to transform the town centre by:
- Embracing Kingston’s culture and heritage to create more opportunities
- Driving a holistic heritage-led regeneration approach
- Boosting economic growth by attracting in new major businesses
- Diversifying the economy beyond retail and igniting a vibrant cultural scene
- Providing much-needed new housing including affordable homes for local people
At the heart of this is the creation of a new community leisure facility on the site of the former Kingfisher Leisure Centre, which is accessible for all residents, offers a range of facilities that benefit everyone and is built to last.
We will shortly be hosting a public information session to display the proposals for Memorial Gardens and demonstrate how the feedback given has been taken on board:
When: Saturday 2nd March, drop in anytime 11am – 2pm
Where: Kingston Memorial Gardens (*rain will see the session move into the Market House, Market Square if needed)
Including: a leaf printing workshop for children of all ages.
EAGLE BREWERY WHARF
A similar final information session was hosted for the space at Eagle Brewery Wharf in November 2023, and thank you to those who took the time to come along.
The proposals for Eagle Brewery Wharf build on the natural riverside setting by maximising greenery and biodiversity, andlook to create a well-loved, inclusive and activated space in a key riverside location in Kingston.